Company: Abcam, a Cambridge-based life sciences biotech firm
My role: Content strategist
The challenge: Architect the global meganav based on user needs and business priorities
Approach: I was tasked with restructuring the navigation for the company’s new website. This was a huge project that involved about a dozen stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Worked with my manager to set up ways of working for the project, including how stakeholder roles were defined
- Used a variety of heatmapping and analytics tools to understand user behaviour
- Studied user mental models and sat in on interviews
- Gathered insights from stakeholders across the business to get clarity on content and priorities
- Structured content using a card sorting method
The results: This is still a work in progress so I cannot say more until the project is live. I’m happy to talk more about my approach in a call.